Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I Wanna Play With My New Toy!

When I took an early retirement several years ago I thought that I would have unlimited time to play and do what I wanted to whenever I wanted to.

Last week I concluded that the cheapie macro lens that I bought a number of years ago was going the way of all old cheapie stuff. So I did some research and decided that it would be best to buy a Canon macro. It was pricier than other options. I have a birthday coming up soon and I never got around to buying something for myself last year, so I checked the balance of the checking account and decided to go for it. Buying it locally wasn't an option, so I ordered it online. Sunday I received a call from UPS that I had to sign for it, so someone had to be here. So yesterday was spent waiting. After UPS delivered it, it was too late and much too windy to go out and play with my new toy. Today it was rainy and windy. Tomorrow I have to accompany my mother to medical tests. So it will be Thursday before I can play with the new toy.

Bbbbuuut I'm retired...I should be able to play at will....NOT!

In the meantime, a couple of photos of a Dingy Cutworm Moth that I took last week


larger image


larger image


Photos taken at Pawnee Lake SRA

No comments: