Saturday, August 18, 2007

New (to me) Internet Birding Site

Was meandering around the toobz trying to do a little research for a trip in either September or October.

I came across a site that hosts bird videos. It is called the the Internet Bird Collection (IBC).

They say:

The Internet Bird Collection (IBC) is a non-profit endeavour with the ultimate goal of disseminating knowledge about the world's avifauna. It is an on-line audiovisual library of footage of the world's birds that is available to the general public free of charge.


As of this writing, they have 17,017 videos of 4022 species, which is 41.4% of the world species.

I spent a fair bit of time perusing videos, and was quite impressed with the quality of them

I have added a link on the sidebar.

1 comment:

Chet said...

Nice site. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm really a Kansas birder at heart. Haven't birded in NE too much, but have gone up to Platte for Sandhills and the Common Crane. Keep up the good work. I'll link you in my blog!