Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Today's Photos

Didn't seem like there were many birds out and about today. Or maybe I didn't look in the right places.

They had mowed the fields at Branched Oak Lake sometime since I was there last week. Saw this guy just standing out there. Every once in awhile he would put his head back and give his call. At first I wondered if he was protesting the mown grass, then I realized he was talking to one of his friends that was behind me as I looked at him.


larger image


I seem to have been blessed with seeing Northern Bobwhites regularly this year. One is thankful for that in light of the Audobon study that was released earlier this summer that has Bobwhites at the top of their Top 20 Birds in Decline.

Then there was this little guy


larger image


I caught him between nabbing insects on the ground.

No comments: