Friday, November 28, 2008

An Update

A recap of the past few months is in order. During April and the first half of May my life revolved around the visits of the home health nurses three times a week. In the middle of May the health team released me from the home health care system and said I could continue follow up treatment with three visits a week to the outpatient clinic. That continued until the latter part of June. Thank goodness for good insurance. Though co-pays really add up. My strength is returning. I can now go about a week and a half before I hit the wall and have a total crash and burn day. I am cautiously optimistic that the problems that have plagued me the past few years have been solved.

In August my beloved Mandy Dawg went to puppy dog heaven.

That was really a low blow.

In early September I spent a week in the Nebraska Sandhills area.

The end of September and early October was spent in Northern Minnesota and Wisconsin. A lovely trip to a part of the country I had never been to before.

Earlier this month I spent a week frequenting some of the wildlife refuges in Kansas and Oklahoma. I've taken lots of photos some of which I will share, added a few new birds to my life list and managed to assuage my itchy feet a little bit.

After I returned from Kansas and Oklahoma I decided it was time to add a critter to the household. I found Basset and Beagle Rescue of the Heartland online. They have been great to deal with and if you are interested in adopting a Beagle or Basset, and live in Kansas, Iowa, Missouri or Nebraska, please consider them. Last Saturday I adopted Winnie. She's, according to my vet, about 5 years old. She is a Beagle mix and we are getting adjusted to each other. It appears she is going to be a good little traveler, so I will have a companion for my adventures.



This morning Winnie and I went to Branched Oak Lake. It was a beautiful clear and windless morning.

No comments: