Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ft. Niobrara NWR

I spent part of my day today at Ft. Niobrara NWR. Early in the day it was extremely windy and the blowing sand was getting on everything...me and the camera gear. Birds were singing in areas, but they weren't showing themselves at all. Frustrated, I went back to the motel. Went back in the early evening and things were much pleasant.

The only halfway decent photo from the morning was of this Lark Sparrow


Afternoon photos included this Upland sandpiper


And this Common nighthawk


After tolerating me and the clicking camera, he voiced his displeasure

2 comments:

Kathie Brown said...

Oh, I love that shot of the nighthawk with its mouth so wide open! Not a shot you get to see very often! Love the sandpiper too. I need to see that species!

finchpolis said...

... those shots are great ... amazing.